Red Chili Sauce
10 pods Red chili
3 cups Water
1 tablespoon Coconut oil
1/4 cup Flour, sprouted
1 teaspoon Salt, sea
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
2 cloves Garlic, fresh, minced
1. Roast the chilies in an oven at 200 degrees F for 5 to
10 minutes. Stir frequently so they do not burn.
Remove the seeds and stems.
2. Put chilies and water into medium pan. Simmer for 15
3. Put 1/2 the chilies with some of the cooking water
into a blender. Purée and then strain. Discard the
peels and seeds. Repeat with the other 1/2 of the
4. Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add sprouted flour and
brown for 1 minute.
5. Add strained chili, the remaining cooking water and
one additional cup of water.
6. Add, salt, oregano and garlic. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Or a quick sauce, use frozen red chili purée instead of soaked
dried chilies. Defrost the frozen chili and follow steps 4
through 6. For enchilada sauce some like to add tomato juice
for a more mild flavor.